Home Forums Live Blog Forum Manchester Board of Mayor and Aldermen on Dec. 3, 2013

This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rich Girard 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

So, Ward 12 Alderman Elect Keith Hirschmann got to City Hall early enough to deprive me of my usual place in the Chamber. There are two places designated for the media. Both have retractable table tops that rise from the wall that separates the Aldermanic Chamber from the Gallery. When I asked Hirschmann if he’d taken my perch for the evening, he said “there’s another one over there. This one’s mine tonight.” Hope the Union Leader guy doesn’t mind.

Nice to see that as people grow old, they don’t have to grow up. Kinda funny to see he’s so pleased with himself and his clever move to dislodge me from the place I’ve covered meetings from for about 2 years. That’s okay. I can admit defeat to his superior intellect and maneuvering. Oh the shame…

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

I gotta admit. It’s kind of fun watching Levasseur suck up to all the alderman. He’s being extra nice.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Nice to see Ward 10 Alderman-Elect Bill Barry ride shotgun with Hirschmann to protect their side of the room. Good for them!

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Public participation meeting now in session. Aldermen Ludwig and Katsiantonis absent.

Well the entertainment’s arrived. Jon Hopwood is speaking before the board.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Joh Hopwood, who says he lives at 445 Mast Road, but whose twitter and other social/internet accounts say he lives in Bedford.

Oh, goodie! He has show and tell! “Comment board combat sheets.”

Doesn’t have comments because everything he has something written, something new happens.

Oh My HEAD! He and another citizen and that citizen’s wife and 26 year old son have been banned from the Manchester Dog Park Association. Dave Bigelow’s been banned, too. They have a black list. It’s Joseph McCarthy. I keep saying it and they keep proving me right.

This couple is prominent, the wife sits atop a local non-profit. They are respected and raise money in the community. Offered to raise money for the dog park. And, their son has a disability. The nerve of the Alderman from Ward 10 knows this. Have you no sense of decency? I ask the board to look into this depravity of due process. It’s not right.

Umm, it is a private organization in which the board has no business meddling.

Oh, goodie…the attempted intimidation continues as Hopwood’s now sitting directly behind me looking over my right shoulder. Maybe I should give him the blog address.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Alderman-Elect Keith Hirschmann…just taking advantage because the cameras are rolling. Next Wednesday, the state DOT will unveil plans for the new exits 6 and 7. Please attend.

Too bad he didn’t tell folks how comfortable my perch was…oh how nice, he gave the seat to the Union Leader reporter. Boy, I guess he sent me a message! I guess I’ll take notice.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Brickmasters Lego League Team from Hillside and Weston giving presentation/skit on emergency preparedness. Fire Chief Jim Burkush grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

Giving mock TV broadcast. 50% of citizens in Manchester not prepared for a serious winter storm, nor do they know about the city’s emergency response plans.

Skit: Be on the lookout, a mailing informing Manchester residents of city’s emergency preparedness plans and advising how citizens could be prepared. Kid playing the singing mailman. Kinda funny.

Now going over items people should have in case of an emergency. Looks like I’m doing OK, except for the dust masks. Don’t need a whistle, have a baby nicknamed “Screach.”

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Gatsas to kids: “Sometimes great ideas don’t come from elected officials.” I think I’ll just leave that one alone. Gotta chuckle.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Alderman Roy to kids: Have you thought of doing this on Manchester Public TV so it could be shared with more citizens?

Aldermen Arnold: Congrats on a nicely done project. You’re right Mayor, not all good ideas come from elected officials, but I’d like to think we’re looking at future elected officials.

Alderman Long: Anyone of you elected to your student councils? Sounds like there’s at least 1.

Gatsas giving proclamation to the kids. Saying they have a great idea to send letter to citizens and the city will find a way to send it even if it has to pay for itself.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Alderman O’Neil to Gatsas: do you think we could send a tape of this to the people of Hooksett that are critical of our school system?

Gatsas: Alderman, I don’t think you want me to jump on that right now.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Gatsas on Exit 6 & 7. This is a full blown project, not a shortcut fix. We won’t have to revisit it in 10 or 15 years. We have to make sure it gets moved up on the 10 year plan and gets funded. It’s absolutely important to the city of Manchester.

O’Neil: Saw Commissioner Clement at a function. He’s agreed to come down and give presentation to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen about exits 6 & 7 and the work that’s just started on Exit 4. Probably sometime in the end of January.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Regular meeting of the Board has begun.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Consent agenda moved in one felled swoop. Here’s the agenda again. http://sire.manchesternh.gov/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=420&doctype=AGENDA

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

nominations made and confirmed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.