Home Forums Live Blog Forum TFA Finance Committee, 1/10/18

This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Patrice Benard 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Patrice Benard
    Participant

The Finance Committee meeting has been posted for today:

http://thefoundersacademy.org/calendar

Unfortunately, Kim Lavallee, Chair of the committee, neglected to post an Agenda or any of the pertinent financials. Hopefully things will change in the future. But if wishes were horses…

Patrice Benard
    Participant

One of the auditors, Ashley, will be giving a presentation tonight. She just finished it, so there is no copy available to view.

Patrice Benard
    Participant

In attendance: Ashley, auditor; Kim Lavallee, business manager; Katelin, from the DOE; Matt Mercier, Trustee; Matt Southerton, Charter School Alliance; Greg McKenzie, teacher; David Benard, student.

Patrice Benard
    Participant

PDF by Ashley: TFA Agreed-Upon Procedures Resport; Period Ended 12/31/17 Budget FY end 6/30/18. Not an audit.

1- Detailedread through of mgmt fin stmnts. toproperly classify or record transactions in accord w. gen accpt acctg prin. and the budget of TFA

(Here we go again. A presentation that really should be available to the public, but isn’t yet. So you’ll have to forgive me, I’ll put in some blurbs, but I can’t type it all. Maybe you can see it on the video, if that turns out.)

Patrice Benard
    Participant

This presentation still has to go through another review at the auditor’s office, so it can’t be released until then.

Patrice Benard
    Participant

Adjustments made were routine and expected. Nothing surprising to the auditors.

(mostly talking about fixed assets, not much about daily work)

Hang on, now she is talking about a template, so I kind of need to get closer to see…

Patrice Benard
    Participant

Now a presentation on the proposed budget that was voted on in April, and a Revised budget that will be voted on by the Board, I think at the next meeting.

Revisions; state aid down due to 400 to 315 students; some more grant money than expected; summer school revenue down 1K…. and she changed the slide

Patrice Benard
    Participant

The current pages are just budgeted vs revised budget. No actual year-to-date yet.

Patrice Benard
    Participant

Now on to salary sheet. Much more narrative in the notes on the proposed report.

Now- Board Reporting Budget to Actual. This includes columns FY rev. budg; ytd rev budg; actual; variances; notes.
    This is much better than that what I’ve seen in the past. Still doesn’t compare current yr to prev yr, but maybe on another report.

Finding out more by asking questions. Sorry, but this blog will not be as informative as Ashley is being incredibly patient and answering questions from this mom. 🙂 I really will post this video as I feel that this is very helpful.

Patrice Benard
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.