Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Raffio: Above board process, not a federal takeover, still have local control. If alton or MHT want to have higher standards, they can, God bless them. Smarter Balanced. “It’s all about the children.” Every teacher I run into that’s using it is great.

Pook, I’m just an interested teacher. As a white male in society, I’ve had a lot of advantages I didn’t earn. (Crowd guffaws) These standards create an equitable educational opportunity for all kids.

Duncan: Legislature has turned down 5 out of 5 anti-common core bills. 17-20 republicans with virtually all democrats supporting the common core. Reading another quote. NH should put together a few good math teachers and tweak the common core standards. Oh my HEAD! But it happens already.

Critics on the left and the right agree we should put them to use and adapt them to our needs.

dhohensee
    Participant

Nice closing by Bill Duncan who pointed out that the Democrats (along with ~ 16 Republicans) are responsible for NOT eliminating Common Core and Smarter Balanced Assessments from New Hampshire this year!

So if parents want to resolve this problem, vote accordingly.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.