Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Hiring Practices Committee:

Every person we hire should be the best, the best for our students and for our district. Hiring process must reflect those values. Process must be fair and consistent across each school and the district office, nor matter where our employees are hired. We want it to be rigorous. Should be difficult to get hired, make sure we have 30 to 50 applicants for an elementary position. Should be intentional steps along the way to make sure the person we hire is the best. Will propose steps along the way to make it more rigorous.

MikeMartineau
    Participant

Who is on the Hiring Practices Committee?

Reply from the host (since the reply button is not inserting the answers under the actual comment) Ambrogi, Bradley and Van Houten

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Have to admit, I think it’s funny the way Erika Connors walks to her seat via the mayor’s podium to avoid me. I guess she didn’t like it when I’d say “hi” as she went by without reciprocating. It’s too bad some people can’t accept that some disagree with what they do and make things so personal.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Public hearing.

Sean Russell, VP of MEA, “tonight the topic I want to talk on…”

Smarter Balanced Assessment. From MEA’s point of view, they are concerned about the financial ramifications if the city doesn’t participate. Worried that in tight budgets, the loss of funds would be bad. Not thrilled with SBA, Opposed to multiple tests at elementary level, opposed to high stakes testing, but not opposed to standardized testing. Know it doesn’t jibe with the Manchester standards, but enough connection that the kids can do well and know where they stand. Really want to encourage you tonight to do the test so we don’t lose the potential funding from the state that could hurt the district and other districts in the state. (I knew this was coming, more tomorrow, time allowing

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Time for the hidden agenda to be unveiled. Superintendent’s Report.

Deborah Olszta
    Participant

OMG! The money is everything.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Congrats to Ed Doyle, Manchester Central Band teacher, a UL 40 under 40.

$5,000 book grant coming to HGF thanks to PTA to help with library.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

She’s been visiting schools Very pleased with what she’s seeing. Kids are reading, writing and doing arithmetic. Students focused.

Visited with 4th grade class at GA. Very excited about FIRST Robotics, showing off pieces they have put together so far., etc…

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Updating board on a couple of areas:

1) principal and aspiring principal academies. What they’re learning and what they’re doing.

Interesting. They’re all white women. Other than David Ryan, has Livingston hired any male administrators?

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Reading her presentation. Lots of politically correct eduspeak, not really for the lay person. Lots of buzz words and terms.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

Ambrogi, Bradley and Van Houten

MikeMartineau
    Participant

The Central principal John Vaccarezza

Host’s reply: good catch. I’d forgotten about him. I think he’s the only other one, though and several administrators have been hired

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

8th Grade Algebra data.

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

last year, there were 5 sections of middle school algebra with 151 enrolled. this year, there’s 7 sections with 201 students. Looking to increase the number of sections next year again. Looking at high school credit options for ms algebra

Rich Girard
    Keymaster

in HS 61 sections of algebra or algebra skills or something like that 1,382 students at Central, West and Memorial.

Report concluded. Huh, no “action items.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.