Two events on Sunday, March 30, 2014 will affect traffic on Elm St, Canal St, and in the surrounding area.
The Saint Patrick’s Parade will begin on Elm St at Salmon St at 12:00 PM. The Parade will march south on Elm St to Central St with a predicted end time of 2:00 PM.
The Shamrock Shuffle will precede the parade beginning at 11:10 AM. The race has a new route this year due to a record number of participants. This new race course will be as follows:
– Start @ Elm & Central
– SOUTH on Elm to Granite
– West on granite to Canal
– North on Canal to Langdon
– East on Langdon to Elm
– South on Elm to finish @ Pleasant – 2.02 miles
Prior to the road race Millennium Running will have a kids race on Elm St in front of Veterans’ Park.
These events will cause several different road closures, which are as follows:
– Elm St from Granite St to Merrimack St will be closed from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. This will include Pleasant St and Central St – both for the first block adjacent to Elm St.
– Elm St from Webster St to Sagamore St will be closed from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM. This will include some side streets in this area as well.
– East bound traffic on the Amoskeag Bridge will be diverted to Canal St beginning at 10:00 AM.
– Canal St will be closed from Granite St to Brook St – north bound side only – at 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
– The entire length of Elm St from Webster St to Granite St will be closed from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. This will include east bound traffic on Bridge St, which will be diverted to Canal St via Spring St.
(Please note the end time of 2:00 PM is an approximation – the parade may end sooner or later than 2:00 PM.)
Information about the parade can be found at http://www.saintpatsnh.com/
Information about the road race can be found at http://www.millenniumrunning.com/shamrock