Girard at Large “Is Our Children Learning?” anchor Sid Glassner has queried New Hampshire’s congressional delegation on the all important issue of education. Below, we reprint his questions and will update this post with whatever answers he gets. Your comments on the questions are welcomed.
Questions posed by Glassner:
Rich here are the questions I posed in my letter to Shaheen, Shea-Porter, and Ayotte:
- Do you believe the Common Core Standards were constructed in a democratic fashion?
- Do you support the tradition of local control of public schools?
- How far do you think the Federal Department of Education should reach into the public education affairs of local communities and why?
- Do you believe the “one-size-fits-all” construct of the Common Core Standards meets the needs of our public school students? If you do please describe how?
- Do you believe that the performance of our students on international tests does in any way reflect upon the quality of American public education? If you do, how so?
- Do you believe that the quality of a teacher is expressed on how his/her students perform on high-stakes tests? Please explain your answer.