On November 30, 2015 the hours for elementary, middle and high schools are being adjusted based on the new teachers’ contract with the Manchester Education Association.
The hours-based calendar provides us with more instructional time for our middle and high school students. It also gives us the advantage of knowing the last day of school with much more certainty. The anticipated last day of school, if we don’t have more than three snow days this winter, is Thursday, June 9, 2016.
The new school day hours listed below apply to all schools except Manchester School of Technology.
- The hours for MST will remain the same.
- Elementary students who eat breakfast served at school may arrive at 8:15 am.
- The drop-off times for before school care provided by our partner organizations, New Morning, 21 Century, Manchester Boys & Girls Club, and the YMCA, will not change.
- On early release days for elementary schools, dismissal remains 11:15.
- Delayed openings for weather will be two hours later than the new arrival time.
Buses arrive/student drop-off Class begins Dismissal
Elementary schools 8:30 am 8:45 am 2:50 pm
Morning preschool 9:05 am 9:15 am 11:45 am
Afternoon preschool 12:35 pm 12:45 pm 3:15 pm
Full-day preschool 8:45 am 9:00 am 2:00 pm
Middle schools 7:20 am 7:35 am 2:20 pm
High schools 7:38 am 7:45 am 2:53 pm
All middle school morning buses will pick up five minutes later than the current time; all elementary school morning buses will pick up ten minutes later than the current time. The adjusted bus schedules are posted online at http://transportation.mansd.org/ or are available upon request if you contact your school.
Another update to the current academic calendar is that students in the Manchester School District will not attend school on February 9, 2016, the date of the New Hampshire Presidential Primary.
Please call your school if you have any questions or concerns we can assist you with.