Manchester Police Chief Enoch “Nick” Willard would like to remind all residents and guests of the Queen City about crime prevention and safety tips to help reduce crime and make for a safe holiday season.
The holiday shopping season is upon us and we are starting an initiative in the various retail areas of our city. As part of this initiative the Community Policing Division will increase patrols at various locations and may be seen handing out “safety holiday cards” which will list multiple safety and crime prevention tips.
One of the tips is a reminder to always lock your vehicle and to keep valuables, including electronics, wallets and purses out of view. This often overlooked tip can greatly reduce the chance of someone’s vehicle getting broken into.
Some of the other safety and crime prevention tips include:
- If you go out for the evening, turn on lights and a radio or television so the house or apartment appears to be occupied.
- Cancel mail delivery or have a neighbor collect it if you are gone for an extended period of time.
- Avoid leaving large boxes, such as televisions, computers or other electronics on the curb awaiting trash pick-up.
- Don’t display holiday gifts where they can be seen from a window.
- Test your smoke detectors.
Our crime prevention and safety tips are offered to you because we truly want you to enjoy a safe and Happy Holiday season!
Please log on to www.manchesternh.gov/Department/Police/Crime-Prevention for additional crime prevention and safety tips.