Traffic Alert – Road Closures Downtown – 1/2Way to Saint Patrick’s Day Road Race this Sunday, September 15, 2013.
The Manchester Police Department would like to advise the public that the 1/2 Way to Saint Patrick’s Road Race will be held on Sunday, September 15, 2013 as part of the Wild Rover’s Celtic Festival.
It is anticipated that this year’s race will have 2000 participants, which will have an impact on traffic. The race will begin at 10:00 AM on Elm St at Spring St and travel north to Trenton St, turning east on Trenton St to Chestnut St. It will then turn south on Chestnut St and return to Kosciuszko St via Bridge St.
The following road closures will be in effect:
– Bridge St from Elm St to Chestnut St will be closed during the race, from approximately 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
– Kosciuszko St will be closed for the entire day due to the festival.
– Elm St will be closed from Bridge St to Stark St at 9:30 AM to allow for the start of the race and will re-open as soon as the start line is cleared from the road, which should be completed by 10:10 AM.
– Chestnut St will remain open for the race but traffic will be restricted to one lane allowing the runners to use the other lane.
– Traffic east bound on the Amoskeag Bridge will be diverted to Canal St from 10:00 AM to approximately 10:20 AM.
– Webster St will be closed from Elm St to Chestnut St to allow for the race to cross this street safely in both locations. This closure will last to approximately 10:45 AM.
Although both Elm St and Chestnut St will remain open during the race, any traffic attempting to cross either of these streets will be asked to wait until a break in the race will allow them to safely cross the roadway without interfering with the racers.
As always, please enjoy your weekend and drive safely.
Submitted by Sergeant Vincent – Traffic Unit