Following today’s Annual Memorial Day Observance at the Manchester VA Medical Center at 10:30 AM (all are invited) a special event providing free food and tickets for veterans and active duty military and their guests to today’s Fisher Cats game will be held. We have published a complete itinerary of the event, and the documentation needed to participate, courtesy of the Manchester VA’s Public Relations Office.
Gates open for season ticket holders and suite holders. VAMC staff at Main Gates to hand out flags (3,000) to fans and pins to Veterans. (Pins may be given out at table.)
Gates open for the General Public. Staff from VAMC-Manchester to continue handing out flags until done.
All performers, first pitches, readers, etc. for the pre-game ceremonies should meet at Subway Guest Services at this time. (Green tent behind Section 110 on the concourse level.) All will sign a waiver, receive a super-official badge and then be brought to the field no later than 12:55 PM.
Giant Flag Holders to report to Guest Services. The Fisher Cats have 40 flyers that the VAMC may provide to volunteers on-site explaining all check-in procedures.
Video from Kelvin Parks, Associate Director of Manchester VA Medical Center (30 seconds)
General Protzman Video (30 seconds)
Mike Rice to read the “Statement of Support” Pledge on behalf of the ESGR. (Need Mike’s title and introduction)
Please welcome Mike Rice, Employee Outreach Director of the New Hampshire Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, an agency of the Department of Defense, for a special thank you for those that support our country’s service members.
“America The Beautiful”
- Performed by Kevin Doughterty:
- As part of welcoming home our military service men and women,along with the Manchester VA, Rock 101 and Amoskeag Beverages, we are proud to introduce Kevin Doughterty, Navy Seabee (Retired). Kevin served from June 1979 to May 2005. Kevin and his wife, Janine, are long-time volunteers and employees with the VA. Kevin will now perform “America the Beautiful”.
(Performance) Mr. & Mrs. Dougherty, we thank you for your service and support to our nation’s heroes.
First pitches thrown
- Joe Calegaro
- Mr. Calegaro served as a paratrooper in WWII from 1943-1945 with the 11th Airborne Division. His division was deployed to New Guinea and then went on to fight in Manila and Okinawa. Mr. Calegaro’s division liberated over 2,000 people, mostly civilians in the Philippians.
- Jennifer Fiore:
- Served in the United States Army from 1998-2005. She deployed from 2004 to Camp Arifjan in Kuwait. Ms. Fiore is also an avid soft ball player.
- Mike Krustopentus
- Served as Petty Officer 2nd class in the US Navy from 2003-2008. Mr. Krustopentus was deployed twice in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and the Global War on Terror. He served as an Interior Communications Electrician. Mr. Krustopentus is a lifelong baseball fan.
- Kelvin Parks
- From Chattanooga, Tennessee, Retired US Navy Chief Kelvin Parks. Mr. Parks also serves as the Associate Medical Director at the Manchester VA Medical Center.
(We are also seeking a member of the Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard in order to have one (1) member of each branch represented on that day.)
- Adam Furious, representing Rock 101
- Terry Callahan, representing Amoskeag Beverages
- Presentation of Community Partners Appreciation Awards by Danielle Ocker—three (3) for Fisher Cats, Amoskeag Beverages, and Rock 101
- Check presentation from Amoskeag Beverages to the VAMC-Manchester. All first pitches, VAMC reps and Amoskeag Beverages reps on-field for read immediately following first pitches.
All are welcome to remain on-field for the National Anthem.
Hillsborough County Sheriffs Department-Honor Guard
Please arrive no later than 1:00 PM—fully dressed. (Plan for Traffic.) Once inside the ballpark, honor guard members should meet at Subway Guest Services, the green tent behind Section 110, no later than 1 p.m.—fully dressed.All honor guards will proceed on-field at approximately 1:15 PM. Then, the team will take the field and the National Anthem will be sung with honor guards in formation at approximately 1:30. The game will begin at 1:35.
Moment of Silence and National Anthem performed by Inter-Lakes Elementary
Game begins at 1:35 PM.
Middle of the 6th Inning
Lieutenant Colonel Trevyr C. Du pont reports to Guest Services for “God Bless America”. This is the green tent on the concourse behind home plate. A Fisher Cats staff member will take him down to the field for the performance.
Middle of the 7th Inning
“God Bless America” performance by Lt. Colonel Trevyr
- Please welcome to the field Lieutenant Colonel Trevyr C. Du pont, the Chief of Training for the 157th Operations Group, Pease Air National Guard Base, New Hampshire and founding member of the Air Force Reserve Commands newest Total Force Initiative squadron. He has served as a KC-135R/T evaluator pilot and instructor pilot in the C-21A flying more than 1060 combat hours during eleven Southwest Asia deployments and a total of 4,300 flight hours overall. He has been a member of every Air Force component: Active Duty, Air National Guard and Reserves. Lt. Col Du pont has received many awards and is a highly decorated Airmen. Lt. Col Du pont has been married to his wife Nestle for 21 years and is the father of 2 children , Thadyn (16) and Cheryth (8). Please rise for the performance of God Bless America by Lieutenant Colonel Trevyr C. Du pont.
The following forms of ID will be accepted, and active and veteran military service members will be provided with a complimentary ticket:
- VA ID card
- CAC card (military identification)
- Retired military ID card
- DD214(discharge papers from the military)